Peorder your 5D MK III on Amason :)
- 22.3 MP sensor
- ISO 100-25600 (expandable to 102400)
- Full HD Movie (ISO 100-12800 (H:25600)
- 61-point high-density reticular AF (up to 41 crosstype points)
- 6.0 fps
- Dual card slots (CF & SD)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) Mode
I find it a little more versatile than the D800, the 22MP sensor + higher sensitivity will satisfy wildlife action shooter and others. That's on the paper.
UPDATE: 3500$. Ok, why? what justifies 500 more than the D800?
UPDATE 2: samples are available. First of all, as opposed to Nikon samples, those pictures are actually kinda good. They much better show what the camera is capable off. Nikon, to sell a camera, the least you could do it have nice picture to illustrate it. I mean...you don't have a 85yo guy test driving a 911 in a sales video?
|ISO 6400 : it's pretty clean. Cleaner than a D800 but you can get the same result from the D800 with noise reduction and reduced to 24MP.|
Questions I still have:
- Metering? Nikon has been ahead for 17 years now, we don't have much details here
- Video performance? Let's face it, those new machine are great for cost synergy if you shoot photos and videos. Let's wait and see. Canon is supposed to be ahead of Nikon on this.
- Built quality? Although not bad, the MK II was clearly not as well put together as the D700. What now?
Keep in mind that in the end, it's all the same. Images will hardly be impacted by the camera as much as by your skills. I like that it sort of complements the offer as it's not the same as a D800 feature wise. If you don't have any lenses yet, try both.